Man arrested after driving through Buckingham Palace gates



Police have arrested a man who drove his car into the gates of Buckingham Palace in London over the weekend, police said on Sunday.

The Metropolitan Police said the car “crashed into the royal gates” at 02:30 GMT on Saturday.

A police spokesman said armed officers arrested the man at the scene on suspicion of criminal damage and took him to hospital.

No one was injured and investigations were underway to determine the circumstances, the spokesman added.

Security at Buckingham Palace, the official residence of the British royal family, is very tight, with the building in the center of the capital under constant surveillance by armed police.

The palace has been subject to numerous break-in attempts in the past.

In September last year, a 25-year-old man was arrested after trying to enter the Royal Mews.

Last May, on the eve of King Charles III’s coronation, a man was arrested for throwing a shotgun at Buckingham Palace.

In the same month, a 43-year-old man was arrested for ramming his car into the gate of Downing Street, the official residence of British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak.



Source link

See also  Trump defamation trial against E. Jean Carroll begins: Live updates

By Ali Raza

I am a dedicated and skilled News Content Writer with a passion for delivering accurate and engaging stories to a diverse audience. With a solid background in journalism and a keen eye for detail, I bring a commitment to excellence and a deep understanding of the evolving media landscape.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *